Sunday 10 April 2011

Paw Print Tutorial - Using OPI lacquers and Polycolor Acrylic Paint

Hi Guys,
Hope you have all had a wonderful weekend?!  I have been enjoying the London sunshine, and took a break to pull together a couple of tutorial ideas for you that I will put on throughout the week!
Today I thought I would start with a design that I saw in the DNA Nail Art book, and being a cat lover I felt I should share!!

For this I used OPI's Passion for a neutral nail look, and OPI's Funky Dunky (Part of the Shrek Collection) for the french line.


When using acrylic paint, I have found that using a natural fiber brush to work much better.  

Prep your nails - This includes pushing back cuticles - removing any debris from the nail plate, and dehydrating for better adhesion.  Apply base coat and two coats of your base colour.  


For the french line, apply a small amount of lacquer into the nail brush.  This is also the same amount I use for normal smile lines.


Paint a diagonal line.


Next, fill in the gap up to the end of the free edge.


Allow to dry slightly and apply a second coat and again, allow to dry.
Whilst waiting put the black and white paint (or what ever colours you are using) in a piece of paper, plastic, foil or palette.


Using a thin clean brush, paint 4 dots in a semi-circular motion with a larger 'blob' in the middle to great a paw look! (sorry for no pictures, they didn't come out well).  I used black on the light colour and white on the dark - but really any colour combination will work.


Apply a high gloss top coat - in this instance I have used Lumos top coat.

A few more of these to come through the week - have a go and let me know how you get on!!  Also, let me know if there is anything you want to see!

Claire xxx

3 comments:

  1. hahah cute paw!! really cutee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eyelashes extensión in Colorado Springs

    http://www.scienceoftheskin.com/treatments-1

    visit on it to get more indformation about Eyelashes extensión in Colorado Springs.

    ReplyDelete