Thursday 9 June 2011

OPI's Glam Slam! Spark de Triomphe & White Shatter

I have declared this week (for me) - Shatter Week!!  I promise next week there will be no Shatter updates and I will show you some new nail art designs and bridal nails!

This weekend I have a hen do and thought that I should have suitably sparkly nails for the occasion and broke out the OPI 'Spark de Triomphe'.  This is a great polish, with a gold glitter with different size particles, similar particles as seen in 'Teenage Dream'.  The lacquer has great coverage given that it is a glitter polish, and is very shiny!  If you are not using a shatter top coat, or a base colour, I would suggest 3 coats for complete nail coverage.

First Coat

 Second Coat

  
As the white Shatter comes as part of the duo, I had high hopes that the Shatter would look great over the lacquer.  The white shatter itself is great, and works like the red and black ones I have used, with a matte finish, and great shapes.  However I feel that it has spoilt theeffect of the 'Spark de Triomphe' as the shatter is too higher coverage, and when I did use the thinner coat it still did not do the lacquer justice.  I think the white may look better over bright block colours, but for me, it spoilt the glitter. 



Have you tried out any of the Duo Collections? What do you think of the White Shatter?!

Have a great weekend,
Claire xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment