Thursday 21 July 2011

OPI Axxium SOG French Kyoto Pearl & Passion - Bridal Nails

Hey Guys, 

A very good friend of mine wanted me to do her nails for her wedding - but we didn't have time for a trial and due to her time constraints I was slightly rushed the day before - something for brides that I always try and avoid.  She wanted something slightly different but not overtly so.  I suggested using Kyoto Pearl for the white as it is slightly different, a little more subtle and shimmery.  Her wedding was Art Deco themed - and the pearlised effect fits in with this perfectly!

She had grown her nails and did not want tips, she also wanted them to last for her honeymoon so I felt that Axxium would last slightly better than Shellac as I find them slightly harder wearing.

She has quite short nail beds which is why the white is slightly thicker than I would normally do, but I think the overall effect is pretty classy with a shimmer effect.  I used passion for the pink, I would have preferred to use Bubblebath, but she is very pale skinned and it just looked too pale and we needed something warmer.



What do you think?  Do you like pearlised white tips?

Thanks for reading!
Claire xxx

5 comments:

  1. Love the pearlised tips! I prefer those to standard white as it's less harsh. Your nails look perfect X

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, claire, i loved ur post abt nail art. i would like to ask ur opinion abt american french manicure, which opi color suited most for this? i was confussing b/w passion n bubble bath. or maybe u have another suggestion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicken, passion is slightly pinker than Bubblebath. Personally I prefer passion and think it suits most skin tones. It's all personal preference though!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice, i cnt agree more with ur suggestion, as i seen i have similar skin tone with urs, asian skin tone. ok, i wll go for passion. did u know 'its a girl'? hws it compare passion? i'm actually looking for nude pink tranparent but not too milky. confused seen opi colors lol

      Delete