Friday 15 June 2012

Shellac Nail Art Tutorial - Sponging and Free Hand - Silver Chrome & Asphalt

I was bored last Sunday and had a chance to play around with a couple of effects and the new gel paints!! I have been wanting to try using a makeup sponge as i like the fading effect and subtlety.  I used the gel paints the Sam Biddle Gel Paints that are really fantastic to try some free hand lines with a fine brush.



So, this is what I used and how I did these nails:

I used Shellac, Gel Paint and fine nail art brushes


Apply base and colour, curing as directed.


Apply a lighted colour to a makeup sponge.  Here I have cut up a large one but you can get small ones. I actually think something which is not so compact in structure might work better.


Dab on the colour where you want it and cure.


Using a fine brush apply the gel paint as you like.  I found the tip of using a pad moistened with isopropyl alcohol helpful for neatening up the lines.


I found the gel paint really manageable, it did not run, and i did all five nails without needing to cure.  When you are happy with your design, cure.


Apply top coat, remove inhibition layer and apply oil.


I hope that you like these.  Have you tried using a sponge to apply gel polish, or lacquer?

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!!!

Claire xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment